Monday, November 30, 2015

ColourPop Brand Review (Shadow/Blush/Liners/Lippie Sticks/Liquid Lipstick)

I first discovered the brand ColourPop while I was browsing on Youtube. I was amazed at how the products looked in the tin-they all looked so creamy and so pigmented. I was mesmerized but I tend to take everything on YouTube with a grain of salt because some Youtubers are paid to review products, and that obviously skews their reviews. So I waited to buy anything and did some more research.

ColourPop is a brand that's located in Los Angeles and makes all their products their too. They are cruelty free and have many vegan options (only 24 products aren't vegan). They have a large selection of colors and products in general. The icing on the cake is that the highest priced item is $8 (not counting the kits which are $30), so I knew that even if I hated the products I wasn't going to be out a lot of money.

Now onto the review:

I bought one of each type of item (eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, highlighter, lippie stix, ultra matte lipstick and eyeliner) so I could get a true feel for all the products. Overall I'm generally happy with everything.
(Swatches L-R: Mooning, Boy Band, On the Rocks, To-A-T, La La, Amaze and Supermodel)

Super Shock Shadows ($5/2.1 g): I got a bunch of the shadows because these are supposed to be what makes ColourPop special. The shadows are a mousse - cream texture that is so strange when you first try it out. The pigmentation on these is out of this world especially for the price. The colors I got are: La La, Desert, Boy Band, Amaze, Lovely, To-A-T, On the Rocks, Mooning and Supermodel. My favorites of the bunch are La La, On the Rocks and Supermodel. Like I said, they're all incredibly pigmented and they blend wonderfully with finger (flat brushes like this one also work for packing the shadows on the lids).
Crème Gel Liners (Pots $6/3.0 g, Pencil $5/0.2 g): These are the newest of the ColourPop family. There's so many colors that range from neutral to bright. Each color has a mate in collection which is really nice. The colors I have are Get Paid in the Crème Gel Liner (pencil) and Overboard in the Crème Gel Colour (pot). The pencil liner is great for the water line and it's got a decent staying power. The gel liner in the pot is a bit drying but it worked well and stayed nicely.


Super Shock Cheek ($8/4.2 g): I got one of each type: a blush, a highlighter and a bronzer. I have to say the mousse - cream formula is a bit strange in a cheek product but it still works. My least favorite of the bunch is the bronzer, but only because I love the other two so much.These are seriously underrated!! The highlighter in Wisp is such a pretty champagne color that reminds me a lot of the Mary-Lou Manizer. It gives the skin is the best glow from a product so cheap!  The blush in Between The Sheets is a nice, natural flush that I could wear every day! The bronzer in Bon Voyage is the perfect bronze for my pale skin. These are most pigmented if applied with your fingers and the staying power is pretty good too!


Lippie Stix ($5/1.0 g): These are the other items ColourPop are known for. These lipsticks are amazing, all of them are so creamy! I have two sheer (Tiger and Juice Bar), and one matte shade (Frenchie), I love them all. It's so nice to find affordable lip products that are pigmented and have such great staying power! As a note though - they do have a slight vanilla smell, that does dissappear on the lips.

Ultra Matte Lip ($6/3.2 g): I don't really love liquid lipsticks or more accurately I think they aren't for me. There's just something there that I really can't get behind. But despite that they're quite nice - especially on the lips. I can't say is buy more but I do like them.


Overall these products, in my opinion, are worth more than what I paid. The pigmentation, staying power and color selection is amazing. The packaging, is crisp and clean- it doesn't feel cheap. Go buy a few products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.